Camping Tip Of The Day
|Camping Hat Is Important|
A wide brim camping hat will keep you cool in the sun and dry in the rain. Besides, when else do you get to wear a really cool hat.For more Camping tips, visit http://Camping.lifetips.com
So, you finally get around to going on a camping trip with the kids. Low and behold, only a bit into the excursion and the little twirps are bored! What, isn’t it enough to be outdoors and inhaling fresh air? What about nature? Then again, they’re kids and they need their fixes. Remember when? Don’t despair, there are many ways to keep the easily bored from bouts of outdoor depression.
1. Play games in the outdoors. It may be the classic sac race, tug-o-war, or just plain tag. Nothing beats the time-tested games when done in the woods. Just be sure to play games in a clear area to avoid accidents. Also, avoid creating so much noise so that you would not disturb the wildlife.
2. Organize a scavenger hunt. Kids love to go on quests and adventures. Scavenger hunts can be a great alternative to the role playing games kids play these days, not to mention that it is more physical, allowing your kids to exercise rather than just sit in front of the computer screen all day. Just be warn your kids about the many prickly plants that could be lurking in the woods, such as poison ivy, oak and sumac.
3. Learn how to read maps and compasses. The great outdoors is a nice way to teach your children about navigation. Take out your map and compass while exploring the forest. Show your kids where you are in the map and show them where you are heading. This can also be done in conjunction with the scavenger hunt.
4. Light a campfire. Perhaps this is among the most awaited activities during camping. This can be the best way to end the day. Gather around the campfire to sing songs and tell stories (scary ones if you would like). Roast marshmallows and hotdogs. Play riddles and other word games.
5. Watch the stars. This is another night activity that can be both fun and educational. You may just simply lie on the grand and appreciate the free light show in the sky, or you may bring out a star chart and look for famous constellations and other heavenly bodies. Look for shooting stars and make your wish.
6. Bathe in the rain. The weather can be unpredictable in many places, you cannot expect to have clear and sunny skies all the time. But do not pout if the rain does pour. You can have fun playing in the rain and enjoy mother earth’s natural shower. Just be careful not to go out when there is thunder and lightning.
7. Just relax and simply enjoy the moment. You are in the outdoors for only a few times in a year (or even in a lifetime). Enjoy what nature has to offer. Avoid bringing any electronic gadget and simply bask in the quiet of the forest. This is the time to bond and enjoy each other’s company.
There are hundreds of other activities to do out doors, these are just a fraction of the many activities you can do with your kids on a camping trip. The point of it all is to enjoy spending the time together as a family.
Please click here to provide a comment on the above post.